Search Community

Greensock transform crisp on codepend but not website?

Demorus test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a simple transform that seems to be crisp on codepen but not on my website using chrome which im testing offline.

To be sure I stripped away every other script and css so that I have the same as in my codepen but the text and div still gets blurred, no matter what I do. Codepen probably runs some script or css to prevent the blurryness. What could this be?

Got the same Tweenmax version.

See the Pen WbBPwx by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Ok weird, it seems the codepen one  which I have from the CDN is older. Im using the current one from this year. Are there any settings in the current TweenMax that cause this blurryness? I think yes but I cant figure out what is causing it. There must be some new feature added that causes this.

Hi Demorus  :)

GSAP 1.15.0+ set force3D : "auto" as default for all tweens that can benefit from being offloaded to the GPU on a 3D layer and means that it will only use a 3D transform during the tween and then revert to 2D at the end .

force3D : true cause a bit blurry effect on chrome/other webkit browsers ; chrome is taking the original size/CSS before animating , and treating it as an image , then scales it up, producing the blurriness . In fairness , that happen even with pure css animations .

To turn off force3D you could add force3D : false on your tween .

• Like 1