Search Community

as good as it gets?

pellmellism test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have a prize wheel, i am trying to get the winning prize slot to highlight....i have tried several schemes, transit JS, full blown jquery, and now finally tweenmax...best results with tweenmax, for sure, but is this a limit that I cant expect to defeat? Im changing only opacity and rotation, not supposed to be calling draws, and so Im forced to believe that the lag happens in the switch or in the class select which im calling every tick...which is my problem i guess...

I suppose the concept could use a brand new architecture from the ground up, maybe im doing something obviously dumb, maybe I can eliminate the jquery lib and get down to tweenlite and tweencss....minify....but beyond that, im out of ideas.

i have seen sooo many sweet animations, this one seems trivial, but apparently its too clunky. Im open to any and all ideas. thanks so much in advance!

See the Pen wBbWGp by anon (@anon) on CodePen