GreenSock

sumimasenga

Latest draggable build (0.13.0) with defined type and touch devices bug. Worked in old Draggable build (0.11.0)

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

Look at these links using a touch device. Im using iphone 4s with safari browser. 

The problem was working fine in the old draggable build. If I have a draggable object with only type:'x'. I can activate the drag if I move my finger in a vertical direction and then move it to a horizontal direction. But with the latest draggable build it doesnt work. It only activates a drag if the touch is a horizontal direction from the start and I tried with lockAxis:false with no success.

Old draggable library (0.11.0):

New draggable library (0.13.0):

See the Pen RNOzap by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Can you get the same problem?

Thanks!

See the Pen bNJPVv by anon (@anon) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi sumimasenga  :)

This isn't a BUG !!! in fact this's one of the last version GREAT added options , that allow you to have Native Scrolling on touch devices :

Draggable allows you to native touch-scroll in the opposite direction as Draggables that are limited to one axis . For example, a Draggable of type : " x " or " left " would permit native touch-scrolling in the vertical direction , and type : " y " or " top " would permit native horizontal touch-scrolling.

pls check out this codepen Demo to see how that works : 

See the Pen myjjQm by MAW (@MAW) on CodePen

but if you don't want that useful behavior on touch devices , you can easily set this in your draggable creation vars : allowNativeTouchScrolling : false

Draggable.create("#box", {
  type:'x',
  throwProps:true,
  allowNativeTouchScrolling:false
});

See the Pen dPLBaz by MAW (@MAW) on CodePen

• Like 5

Im so impressed that you guys answer so quickly. I really appreciate it :)

It works now thanks alot!

I didnt find the allowNativeTouchScrolling in the documentation. Im looking here: http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/GSAP/Utils/Draggable

Am I looking at the wrong place? I dont want to miss any useful functions and properties! :)

Thanks alot Diaco.AW!