GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andynormancx

Is Draggable missing a dependency on CSSPlugin ?

I'm having fun getting Draggable and TweenMax working with RequireJS (as part of a Durandal project).

I think there might be a bug in Draggable, it looks to me like it is missing a dependency definition for CSSPlugin. The define for it looks like this:

_gsScope._gsDefine("utils.Draggable", ["events.EventDispatcher","TweenLite"], function(EventDispatcher, TweenLite) {
On line 1757 CSSPlugin gets referenced as a global object:
setRatio:(_isOldIE ? function() { TweenLite.set(target, tempVars); } : CSSPlugin._internals.setTransformRatio || CSSPlugin._internals.set3DTransformRatio)
This line fails with an exception when I am loading Draggable via RequireJS. I have fixed it by changing the define call to:
_gsScope._gsDefine("utils.Draggable", ["events.EventDispatcher","TweenLite", "plugins.CSSPlugin"], function(EventDispatcher, TweenLite, CSSPlugin) {

Does this look like a valid fix or am I missing some other reason why this call to CSSPlugin as a global object should be like it is ?

• Like 1

Ah yes, I see what you mean - this isn't a problem in the browser since CSSPlugin is a global, but in your environment it's trickier. Yes, I'll make that change that you suggested; thanks for identifying a solution. nice work :) 

• Like 3

My environment is still "in the browser" by the way, just using Durandal (including RequireJS) and dependency injection, the objects aren't in the global namespace.

Getting everything working with RequireJS has been a challenge, but I think I am finally there.

• Like 1

Ah yes, I see what you mean - this isn't a problem in the browser since CSSPlugin is a global, but in your environment it's trickier. Yes, I'll make that change that you suggested; thanks for identifying a solution. nice work :)

I think this is a problem in the browser if you are setting GreenSockGlobals; then CSSPlugin ends up not being in the global space and we get the same issue. At least, that's my situation; and applying andynormancx's patch has fixed the problem.

Hello,
Using Draggable I am getting the same message in the console;

GSAP encountered missing dependency: com.greensock.plugins.CSSPlugin

Even with the changes that @andynormancx suggested (I'm using the latest version) it's still in the console.
Thanks!

Can you please provide a reduced test case in codepen or jsfiddle or something? It sounds like you're forgetting to load CSSPlugin which is a dependency for Draggable. Or you can just load TweenMax and Draggable because TweenMax has CSSPlugin inside of it.