Search Community

Draggable gets "autoScroll"

eyesoar test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have just had a look at the new auto scroll feature. (it looks great as does direction)

Would it make sense to include the option to auto scroll on throw ?

Currently if you throw the draggable object it disappears of the page. Sure I could adjust it myself on throw update but it seems to me like a nice option to include.

Matt 

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums... and Club GreenSock.

I believe Jack touched on some reasons for not implementing that type of behavior here: http://greensock.com/forums/topic/11344-draggable-item-while-scrolling/?p=46379

I can totally see where you are coming from though, and I don't think its a bad idea.

I'm just curious if you can reference any UI in any app or game that uses this type of behavior.

I think it might help to better visualize how it might work. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the link Carl.
Sorry I didn't come across that before.

I do see the complexities of tracking multiple thrown objects and can see the point of just having it for dragging which is likely to be the most common use.

Obviously the auto scroll on throw was just to be able to follow the path of a thrown element (either  game or UI) kind of like having a camera follow the object. Having said that this is starting to sound like its on thing and should probably be handled outside of the drag class. The feel of the "virtual camera" is most likely something that needs to be chose for a specific application and not just keep it visible.

Matt

• Like 1