Search Community

addPause() Issue/Question

Rodrigo test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Guys,

I stumbled upon this rare behaviour and I'm not sure if it's happening because what I'm trying to achieve or something else.

I have a TimelineLite and at some point an addPause() instance in it. The timeline is not nested and doesn't have any other timeline in it, just common from and to instances, nothing fancy. I added a callback in the addPause() method.

What I want to achieve is to call the function when the timeline is going forward and reaches the addPause(). Then execute some code (load some resources asynchronously) and when that's done resume the timeline going forward. Then when the timeline goes back, of course it'll be paused and the callback in the addPause() will be executed. Here's when things brake. I created a boolean so when the timeline goes forward and the boolean is false load the resources and change the boolean. Then when the timeline passes through the addPause() again ignore the rest of the code in the callback and just resume so it goes back to time zero. Instead it keeps calling the addPause() callback and returning to that point in the timeline endlessly.

I also tried using a TweenLite instance to take the progress of the timeline back to zero but as soon as the tween is completed the timeline starts again, even if I changed the pause state of the timeline before creating the tween, which shouldn't have any effect whatsoever in the play/paused state of the timeline (uncomment lines 32-33 and comment-out line 31). The only way it works is by forcing the timeline to be paused using an onComplete callback in the tween that changes the progress of the timeline (remove inline block comment ), which IMHO it's a bit hacky and strange.

Rodrigo.

See the Pen azRGZe by rhernando (@rhernando) on CodePen

• Like 2

Rodrigo, Please step away from the computer and hand in your badge.

;)

Thanks for the demo. Yup, seems you found an issue in 1.16.0.

A temporary fix is to use: 

tl.resume(tl.time()-0.001); 

which will just nudge the playhead an eensy weensy teensy bit in front of the addPause().

Expect to see a fix in 1.16.1 very soon.

Thanks!

• Like 3

Rodrigo, Please step away from the computer and hand in your badge.

;)

This is what happens when you make the guys in the top floor look bad... :rolleyes:

The fix works great. I'll be waiting for the official release (if my badge has been returned of course ;)).

Thanks buddy!!

Happy Tweening!!

• Like 3