Search Community

When calling Draggable.enable() it stops throw animation

sumimasenga test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

I have noticed that if I have a draggable element with throwProps:true and throwing it will stop animate if I call the enable() function while the throw animation is still active. What im trying to do is that I have nested draggables that needs to call disable and enable at a specific time and dont want to break the animation if its still going.

I looked at the Draggable.js source code and in line 1718 does the animation to stop.

TweenLite.set(target, {x:"+=0"}); //simply ensures that there's a _gsTransform on the element.

I wanted to let you now what I found and maybe its better that you guys does the change in source code if you think this is something to change. The disable() function works as i should.

Thanks!

• Solution

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't considered a case when you've got the target animating when you call enable(). Adding overwrite:false should solve the issue. I'll add that and it'll be in the next release (likely in the next day or two). 

• Like 3