Search Community

Best practise...

mimeartist test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Sorry... should of made more sense... how do I change on the fly a draggable that was in both directions, and then just set to one axis?

in fact is there a way of removing all the draggable features, and then applying new ones, concerned that applying a draggable twice might start to cause issues?

• Solution

It's tough to give you advice here without seeing any example. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do. Can you provide a simple codepen or some context? 

You asked about changing your TweenMax calls to x - what TweenMax calls? What are they supposed to be doing? Why are you using them?

If your goal is to lock the axis so that users can drag either ONLY horizontally or ONLY vertically, based on which direction they START moving, you can simply set lockAxis:true. 

As far as "removing all the draggable features and then applying new ones", please provide more details about what you're trying to do. I assume this sort of thing is possible, yes - you can always kill() a Draggable and recreate another one on the same element using different settings in the config object. 

• Like 2

Sorry for not supplying a  codepen... I'll give the kill() a try... I've got a load of images that you can drag around... but when they're enlarged they're only allowed to drag in one direction, so I was looking for a way to turn off one of the axis... but I'm doing a whole load of other stuff going on too, so I think kill will be best, as mutlipurposing the divs is a bit of a headache (for me anyway) 

Thanks Jack!

James