Search Community

My animation not work in iphone 4

Mgonzales test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Thanks for the demo.

I removed the contents of your resize() function and set the timeScale() of the timeline to 10 (so that i didn't have to wait 30 seconds for it to play)

It seems to be running pretty good on my iPhone4s iOS6.

http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/KwRGGR?editors=001

You should see that timeline animation does play.

I would recommend you focus on the resize() function and other CSS settings.

it appears the assets do not properly size themselves to fit in the browser window on the 4S.

Even when I removed most of the GSAP code the screen flashed a lot and assets appeared super big.

If you need more help with this, please reduce your demo to the bare minimum of HTML, CSS and JavaScript necessary to replicate the problem.

If GSAP "isn't working" you should be able to prove it with a few lines of code. 

It will really help us find the problem if there is one.

I strongly believe that it is the CSS and non-GSAP resize code that is causing problems here, but it is very difficult to sort through all the code.

Also once you create a timeline and play it, all the starting and ending css values that are animated are recorded. 

I think when you detect a resize() you should also re-build your timeline.

Not sure its related but it seems that iOS safari 6 has limited support for background-size

http://caniuse.com/#search=background-size

• Like 2

GSAP works there's no doubt thought it was an initialization error so I asked for help, was testeando an iphone 4 with IOS 7.1.2 (11D257) in safari and not my animation, I tried it on another iphone 4 with IOS 6 in safari and if it works, I thought it was the css but objects appear in visibility: hidden where they should, I have no idea that it can be, I used another animation IOS7 iphone 4 and works normally, I will continue testing, any help is appreciated , thx.

apparently there were many changes ios 6 to 7

http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios7-html5-problems-apis-review

Here a reduced version not working on iphone 4 S with IOS 7.1.2 and Ipad IOS 8.0.2 (12A405) in safari

See the Pen vEryXo by anon (@anon) on CodePen