Search Community

what's should i do with my balls, pause()? addPause()?

ice-frog test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

i want my balls runs one by one ,when i click the 'play',it's done well
but when i click the 'reverse',the ball dose not run,i must click twice, then the ball run~~~

i think when i click 'reverse',the timeline pause() again,so i must click again...
is there any way to run well in 'reverse'? just like them in 'play'~~?

See the Pen raYoJP by bbzz7 (@bbzz7) on CodePen

Hi ice-frog,

Thanks for providing the simple demo. Very helpful.

You should definitely use addPause() in this situation. http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/GSAP/TimelineLite/addPause/

When you use call() to pause the timeline, there is often time that transpires between when the call() is called and the timeline actually gets paused.

So if you call a function at a time of 1.0 second that then uses tl.pause(), it may so happen that the pause doesn't happen until 1.01, then when you reverse from time of 1.01, you then hit the callback again at time of 1.0. This is exactly what you were experiencing.

-- to Diaco's credit, the timeline does reverse fine sometimes... the time-drift doesn't always happen.

addPause() was built specifically to handle that time-drift that happens when using callbacks to call the pause() function. 

• Like 2

Please see http://greensock.com/forums/topic/11329-timelinemax-addpause-internmittedly-not-respected/?p=45904for a preview copy of GSAP 1.15.2 that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if it works well for you. Again, I apologize for the glitch. 

thanks,carl,the addPause() works well now.

but,I have a new doubts that the call() mothed before addPause() ,It will be performed twice(when before pause() and after pause()),there is my pen:

See the Pen wByYym by bbzz7 (@bbzz7) on CodePen

• 2 weeks later...