Search Community

Can someone help me to get the draggable spin to work with Adobe Edge?

joycedijkgraaf test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there,

First of all, I love the things you guys make possible. 
The draggable spin was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I am a complete noob with javascript or any coding whatsoever. 

I tried to make it work for the last couple of hours, but the fact is. It is not my cup of tea. But I am willing to learn. 
Could someone help me by explaining step by step, in a very childish way, what I need to do to make an object spinnable in Adobe Edge with Greensock?

What I did so far:

Put this in the html:

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime End-->

<script type="text/javascript" src="edge_includes/js/ThrowPropsPlugin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="edge_includes/js/TweenMax.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="edge_includes/js/Draggable.js"></script>

Converted the images in Adobe Edge to symbols. And used this code on the symbol in actions click in en replacing ("#knob" with ("#nameofobject")

Draggable.create("#knob", {type: "rotation", throwProps: true});

And now I am lost. 

Could someone help this designer lady into the language of scripting. It would probably make my life a lot easier ;-)

Hi Joyce,

I don't use Edge Animate much, but Diaco and some other power users around here do. I think the best thing for you to do is create an Edge project that only includes the knob, zip up all your files (excluding the GreenSock library) and post them here. Probably easier for someone just to fix what you have and then explain what they changed.

Of course , you can add ThrowPropsPlugin.js , and set throwProps:true in your draggable create .

in edge animate your image contained in a div , so you can make that draggable without converting to a symbol . but keep in mind that you can even make an img tag draggable by GSAP :)