Search Community

Bezier issue in IE8

deanpien test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by deanpien,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

After using the bezier method I am running into a problem moving the same object, in IE8 only. (other browsers work fine.)

In IE8 the object doesn't seem to disconnect properly from the bezier path and does it's own thing when I try to move it some new, straight direction.  I tried to work around this by using the tl.set method on the object after the bezier motion, but that did not change anything. Is there a work around this?

See the Pen xbrzbP by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Hello deanpien, and welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

Are you seeing this in real PC IE8 standalone or are you seeing this in IE10 or IE11 Document Mode which fakes the render of IE8?

If you are seeing this in IE10 or IE11 Document Mode than it is not an accurate rendering of real standalone IE8.

Also keep in mind that codepen will not display your code correctly in Edit Mode in IE8. You have to use Full Mode in codepen for your code demo to work and render properly in IE8.

Thank you for any additional information :)

• Like 1