Search Community

Small issue browserify & GSAP (minified)

SnailCrusher test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello Jack/Carl, 

First off thank you so much for this awesome animation framework! Have been using it for a long time now and it keeps amazing me.

I just wanted to let you know I ran into a small (really small) issue when using the GSAP in combination with Browserify.

I have a project set up using gulp & browserify to compile my code together. Now I added the GSAP elements I wish to use to the 'browser' field of my package.json:

"browser": {
    "gsap-tween-lite": "./node_modules/gsap/src/minified/TweenLite.min.js",
    "gsap-css-plugin": "./node_modules/gsap/src/minified/plugins/CSSPlugin.min.js"
  }

So now I can just write 

require('gsap-tween-lite');

to load TweenLite

However when loading the CSSPlugin it runs into a problem because in the code of the (minified) CSSPlugin it says this:

require('../TweenLite.js')

instead of what is should be:

require('../TweenLite.min.js')

So Browserify fails to find the file and the compilation fails. Obviously a very easy fix but I figured I'd just give you a heads up (:

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Cheers!

• Solution

Actually, we purposely don't point it at the minified file like that because most people using build tools prefer it that way. It's better for debugging, and they typically have their own minification step in their build process.

If you really want the minified file, an easy solution for you would be to simply drop that file into the appropriate directory and rename it (removing the ".min"). Unless I'm misunderstanding. 

• Like 1