Search Community

create 3d flip using GSAP with createjs toolkit in flash

chb382 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Carl,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I've used greensock before with flash as3 but I'm very new to using the createJs toolkit in flash. So far I've only been coding within flash timeline since it's easier (it's a lot like as3). I wanted to know if it's possible to use greensock to 3d rotate a movieclip with createJs. I would also like to know how to import the plugins to flash. I already downloaded the GSAP files but I have no idea where to start. I'd be very grateful for any help.

I want to do something like this:

http://www.snorkl.tv/2010/12/easy-breezy-3d-card-flip-effect-with-flash-as3-and-our-good-buddy-timelinemax/

• Solution

Hi,

createJS, or more specifically Easel js, does not support 3D, so I do not think that will be accomplished easily.

However using GSAP with Easel js is fairly straight-forward, in fact you can write JavaScript code in Flash that is identical to ActionScript.

I made you a very quick video showing how to use GSAP with Easel js in Flash Pro CC 2014

http://greensock.com/forums-support-files/createJS-demo.mp4

files attached: create-js-basic-demo.zip

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your reply. This is very helpful and I find it rather easy to use GSAP with Easel js given that I'm very new to using JavaScript. Thanks so much. This is really great help. I guess I'll just have to look for other ways I can make the card flipping effect. I wanted to do it within the canvas but I guess that's not possible. Thanks again  :-P

• 8 months later...