Search Community

Loadermax not loading images on iOS

fl.Ash test
Moderator Tag

Hello guys :),

My application is working fine when deployed to Android and the Flash Player Debugger, however LoaderMax isn't finding my assets when deploying to iOS. I am using flashdevelop and my assets are placed in my bin folder and are referenced as follows:

_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/background_clouds.jpg", { name:"background", estimatedBytes:77000, alpha:1, width:Global.stageWidth, height:Global.stageHeight, scaleMode:"stretch" } ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/background_settings.jpg", { name:"background_settings", estimatedBytes:77000, alpha:1, width:Global.stageWidth, height:Global.stageHeight, scaleMode:"stretch" } ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_arrow_right.png", { name:"right_arrow", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_settings.png", { name:"settings", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_arrow_left.png", { name:"left_arrow", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_cross_norm.png", { name:"close", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_cross_down.png", { name:"close_down", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_upgrade_norm.png", { name:"upgradeUp", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_upgrade_down.png", { name:"upgradeDown", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_subscribe_norm.png", { name:"subscribeUp", alpha:1} ) );
			_loader.append( new ImageLoader("images/btn_subscribe_down.png", { name:"subscribeDown", alpha:1} ) );
_loader.load();

Do I need to do something different when deploying to iOS?

Thanks in advance,

Ash.

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having problems. LoaderMax was not designed for packaging on iOS, however we have heard that folks have had success with it. 

I believe though that you need to generate urls relative to your applications' s home directory and something about a nativePath.

Maybe this thread will get you closer: http://greensock.com/forums/topic/9471-loading-image-from-ios-applicationstoragedirectory/

I would recommend trying to load some images without LoaderMax / ImageLoader so that you can verify exactly how you should be pointing to them.