Search Community

Needs some tips on what im missing for several popup animations

danieliser test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

The code pen links to the workings of a feather style animation for a popup window.

I feel like im close but everytime i start tweaking variables or animations it gets further away.

The second animation is a bounce in, currently using the bounce ease type but its not very good looking depending on animation times.

Position, Speed and a few other things are controlled by the end user with an options panel, so It needs to be a bit flexible, i am willing to disable speed parameter if it is required to make the animation look smooth and flow properly.

Thanks in advance. And as my first post wanna say that GSAP has changed how i think about animations entirely. Awesome toolset here.

See the Pen emJmMN by danieliser (@danieliser) on CodePen

Hey Rodrigo,

Yea i originally started from that, but i wanted sharper drops with farther between each float sideways. If that makes since. Basically I want his animation but faster, steeper turns resulting in faster/farther drops.

Thanks again.

PS i am still coming back to this every so often and tweaking variables to try and get it just right. Guess ill just have to keep toying with it.