Search Community

EaselPlugin valid hue values?

Halcyon test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

So what are valid values for hue? I couldn't figure out how this one worked. I was just punching in random numbers and getting a wide variety of results. Great plugin btw! I plan to use it to make monsters appear "frozen", "poisoned" and other fun effects like that.

Hi Maelfyn  :)

i'm not familiar with EaselJS but i think that should be one of these :  0 < > 360  or  -180 < > 180

and this can help for css hsla color system :

hsla color system :  hsla(170, 50%, 45%, 1);

• Hue - Think of a color wheel. Around 0o and 360o are reds 120o are greens, 240o are blues. Use anything in between 0-360. Values above and below will be modulus 360.
  • Saturation - 0% is completely denatured (grayscale). 100% is fully saturated (full color).
  • Lightness - 0% is completely dark (black). 100% is completely light (white). 50% is average lightness.
  • alpha - Opacity/Transparency value. 0 is fully transparent. 1 is fully opaque. 0.5 is 50% transparent.

http://hslpicker.com/

• Like 1

Thanks, I think the hue description may be correct... I will test this. Worth mentioning that easel plugin's saturation and brightness values don't use this hsla system. Afaik, brightness is 0 to 2 (1 is normal) while saturation is 0 to ... 255? 360? Not sure what the max is.