Search Community

GSAP + banner ad platforms

joe_midi test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

GSAP + HTML5 Banner Ads  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used GSAP with a HTML5 Banner Ad Platform?

• Yes, all the time!
    • Yes, only once, it was painful to get GSAP into the system.
    • Nope.
    • Two words, "Ad Block".

Hey Greensock peeps, I wonder how many of you have put a greenstocking over the fire place yet?

So, my first experience with GSAP was with banner ads in Flash, and now I've graduated from Flash and moved onto HTML5 banner ads (That means I get to work on annoying you on your phone and tablet, YAY!).

I wanted to find out how many people here have been using GSAP for their HTML5 banner ad production?

I've also been using an Ad Platform named Celtra recently, which has its own very rudimentary animation system, no where near as flexible as GSAP but they have nifty components for Video and other interactions built for mobile.

BUT! It has taken me a whole day to actually get my head around implementing GSAP within their platform. (everything is heavily sandboxed, so you can't bring down their system I guess?). And I wondered if anyone else here was doing something similar.

• 5 months later...

Hey Joe,

Any progress with getting GSAP working with Celtra? Did your ads get approved?

I've recently been working with a client who's trying to migrate some previously signed off Flash banners to Celtra. Noticed they've been built with greensock so it'd be great to see how you tackled this project.

Thanks!

Hey letssock, 

Firstly did you catch the webinar the other day on Custom Development in AdCreator 4? Marko is pretty good with explaining how to use custom JS with Celtra, but the only caveat is that you need a CDN to host the JS file to ensure that it will get delivered. 

But if you are just using GSAP, just use the loadJS() function and use the success call back to start/build your timeline or tweenlites.

You will then need to use screen.find to reference the elements that you want to animate.

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me Joe! I'm taking a look at the webinar now and will then try my hand at getting GSAP working on the platform. My background's in Flash and am finding the change to js an interesting challenge.

Good point about the CDN - I was wondering why so many people were referencing CloudFlare in their projects . Given your experience working in this environment, were you able to find a reliable CDN that you used for your previous creatives?

I'm also still amazed at the lack of documentation on integration of greensock and Celtra! I'd like to think this thread's going to see a lot of visitors over the coming months ;)

Thanks again Joe!

Tbh, I didn't look further than CloudFlare, I didn't need a CDN for my projects in the end as the client ended up going with a more simple implementation.

GSAP is all there on : https://cdnjs.com/libraries/gsap 

I ended up using the Frame Div component and few Execute JS actions to trigger the animations of something really simple. That way I could rely on the Celtra platform for platform specific stuff like swiping and tapping.

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys, 

I'm new to using the Celtra platform and know very little JS (more a designer but very familiar with GS for Flash). Is there anyway you can send me the code block that you inserted into the Execute JS event to get you up and running with GSAP In Celtra. I've tried many options, watched the Custom Development webinar and I still can't seem to get it to work. 

Thank you in advance!

Marc