Search Community

Difference between v 1.12 and v 1.14

yudhie_z_k test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys, so about a year ago i used teenmax v 1.12, and it worked fine. I updated to the latest version somehow the same code doesn't work anymore. Can someone point me to the new changes in the codes. Or maybe if my code is wrong.
Thx.

TweenMax.to($("#cover"), 5, {css:{alpha:0}})

The above is the code. If i replace v 1.14 to the old version, somehow it works. By the way i'm using this in adobe Air HTML.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Your code that worked with 1.12.0 is fully compatible with 1.14.2

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/raVmep

• the css{} object is optional, but will still work.
  • technically, opacity is the css property that is being changed with alpha, but Flash users are used to alpha, so we left it in.
  • autoAlpha manages the visibility while tweening the opacity. '

Can you provide a demo that illustrates the issue outside of AirHTML? I'm not at all familiar with that.

• Like 1

I'm really really sorry for the late reply. I kept on looking on my account and topics there, and tought there was no answer. I'm really really sorry.

Well from the command prompt. The error i got is as below:

TypeError: Result of expression 'e.style' [null] is not an object.
 at app:/assets/app/js/TweenMax.min.js : 15
 at app:/assets/app/js/TweenMax.min.js : 15
 at app:/assets/app/js/TweenMax.min.js : 16
 at app:/assets/app/js/TweenMax.min.js : 17

I use command prompt to run the app.

It almost sounds like you're trying to animate either a null object or an object that's not a DOM element (thus, the target's "style" property is null). Pretty tough to diagnose blind, though. Like Carl, I'm unfamiliar with Air HTML. 

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do would be to create a reduced test case in codepen or something. Or at the very least, try running it with the production (uncompressed, non-minified) version of TweenMax and tell us what line the error is on. That might give us a clue, but it's still gonna be tough to diagnose without seeing it in context. I wonder if it's a problem with the Air HTML stuff you're using?