Search Community

Animation is so slow what am I doing wrong?

Shadowing test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

http://pastebin.com/uVTEJQxx

I have a chat box that i'm increasing the height of two div's and its pretty laggy when there is chat messages inside chat_display

I have no idea why.

I"m using tween_max but using tween lights call

Is this the fastest way to do animation using height or is there another property i should be using?

See the Pen by uVTEJQxx (@uVTEJQxx) on CodePen

Hello Shadowing, and Welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

All there is is your JS code. I didnt see anything that might slow your animation as far as your GSAP code, looks like your just animating the height.

But i did see other methods in your code for the chat JS you are using and some mCustomScrollbar  code. Without seeing your code live, i would have to presume that either the chat or the mCustomScrollbar  is causing some sluggish behavior.

GSAP is a very performance based animation platform. Your mCustomScrollbar  could be firing events sporadically.. or the chat could be causing something.

If you like here is a nice video tut by GreenSock on How to create a codepen example demo.

This way we can see your code in a live editable environment to test  the code in context with the HTML and CSS to help you better!

Are you using the most up to date version of TweenMax?

:)