Search Community

Continuing a loop on a tween

bromel test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Good evening all,

I have been experimenting with GSAP (which is awesome!!) and I am trying to create a loading animation for which can be viewed here: 

The effect does work, but I am wanting to keep the spinner, spinning clock-wise on 'loadout' (when the button is pressed). due to the method for which I have the animation working I was wondering if I could still have the animation in reverse but keep the rotation property going in the direction that I want it.

initially I had in mind the use of:

tlspin.kill({rotation:true})

in an effort to rebuild the animation again, but this did not work, out of interest is there a way to reinstate a tweens property once it has been killed? or is there another way of creating the same effect.

many thanks

Bromel

See the Pen pvvPyW by w9914420 (@w9914420) on CodePen

Hi Maelfyn

You hit the nail on the head, this is exactly what I was trying to achieve opinions are always welcome ;). Im not too familiar with JS but I understand what you have done and now I have something to study. My immediate thought is that by your method, I could easily create libraries of tweens for one element. Thank you very much for your help.

regards

bromel