Search Community

License for a banking app

moritzw test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I'm developing a banking app where users can transfer money, pay bills, etc. The app is entirely free to download, no ads or something like that. What license should I use?

And do I need a bussiness license if the user is charged a little amount from the amount he want to transfer, like paypal.

Thanks!

Hi Moritzw,

Welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Thank you for your licensing inquiry.

For the usage you describe, a Business Green membership will be necessary to provide the proper license coverage.

Your use is similar to the "micro-transactions" described on: http://greensock.com/licensing/

Even though your app is free to download, multiple end users are paying a fee to use it.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Carl

• 9 months later...

Hi Carl, I have a similar question that moritzw.

I'm developing an app using ionicframework, and I want to use TimeLineMax, but I'm not sure what license I should use.

App is a shopping cart in which user can select some products and buy them (Users pay for what they want buy).

Furthermore app allows get some stats about cost and expenses from users.

App is free.

Thank you for you reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping for a similar license question:

If I work for a government contractor and I wanted to use Greensock on a project for a government system, do we need the Business Green license? Initially, I didn't think it applied, but technically we are getting paid by the government to develop with it. But I was thinking it meant more like microtransactions to a multiple commercial end-user.