Search Community

Jquery Firefly animation with GSAP possible?

Demorus test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Diaco,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Here is how the animation looks like:

http://www.jongaulin.com/articles/firefly/

Is something like this possible without having to create tens of divs manually?  The idea behind firefly is to create particles that randomly fly around the site. Some of the top designers use firefly for their site but I thought if something like this was possible with GSAP then it would improve performance since firefly uses images.

Jquery animate is garbage. I swapped from using it about a year ago and never looked back. All due respect to Mr. Resig's amazing library, but it's simply not designed for animation. And, yes, if there was any justice in this world, Greensock would be about 50 times bigger than it is. The problem is that a lot of people on the web simply aren't doing anything that demanding and just don't care about animation performance as much as the tweening zealots on this board.

Btw, I added several optimizations to my demo. Should look even better now. Animates 300 dots smoothly on my machine.

Im keep on telling people to start using GSAP, it is simply future oriented and in many cases better than pure css3 solutions.

They simply never heared of the Greensock JS library. When I link to your page everyone cant believe their eyes, as if it was magic! Funny thing is, the code is really small and different modules and extras in seperate javascript files. Jquery should have done that too, instead of putting everything in 1 huge file. People can always join them at a later stage if needed.

• Like 1