Search Community

CSS3 Filter compatibility

dalisoft test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi, GreenSock.

I user of GreenSock for year.

GSAP is more size (~400Kb source), highly compatibility.

High-performance, re-markly compatible, powerful modules/plugins.

But for the Web needs more methods in last year, like CSS3 Filter, CSS3 PIE Plugin, Relative values (+, -, *, /, cos, sin, tan, d2r, etc).

I maked own JS Tweening engine, Tween.js Modded, source ~30Kb (http://tweenjs.ga) and supports CSS3 PIE, CSS3 Filters, relative values only +,-,*,/. Also it's supports string tweening and makes highly compatible and performance like TweenMax.

Hello dalisoft, and Welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

GSAP can animate CSS3 filters .. it just depends if the browser supports it or not:

View example in Chrome, Safari or a Chromium based browser: Animates CSS filter color to grayscale:

See the Pen QwWOEY by jonathan (@jonathan) on CodePen

Check out browser compatibility for CSS Filters: http://caniuse.com/#feat=css-filters

GSAP can animate HTML, CSS, SVG, CANVAS.. and any other object or property.

:)

• Like 2

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for answer.

CSS3 border-radius, rotate(X|Y) (3D Transformation) doesn't work on IE9 and LT IE9, Opera LT 13, FF LT. LT = less than.

I want add this feature to TweenMax with Plug-in (style getter, style setter, hooks).

Thanks, i no more want add feature