Search Community

iOS Chrome draggable/throwprops bug or issue

Oscar Rottink test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm not sure if it's a bug but the latest Chrome under iOS 8 (old iPad2) behaves different than Safari while swiping/dragging content. Can be something in GSAP as well but guess it's Chrome for now.

If you drag/throw a page while your finger leaves the screen the throwprops plugin detects you left and just does what it's supposed to do.

Well, that's for iOS Safari, Chrome does the same except if you leave the screen while you swipe to the top and leave screen while swiping over the it's browser bar. If you do so the draggable/throwprops will just stop moving until you drag within the screen again.

It's annoying since with my navigation you have to swipe/drag/throw from bottom to top to scroll the site. Works perfectly if you keep you fingers on screen.

I made a little page which shows the problem: http://ozboz.nl/dragger/ 

It's like the browser bar gets the focus or something. Hope someone can give me a fix (or Google for that matter).

• 6 months later...