Search Community

Bug found with SplitText

ElliotGeno test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

While browsing your examples on codepen, I noticed SplitText has an issue with the last character of each word. Looks like it only translates it and doesn't transform its scale or rotation. Keep clicking the animate button and watch those specific characters at the ends.

Pretty much any character before a space gets messed up.

See the Pen mvhak by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

I really have no idea what you're seeing as wrong here. Everything appears exactly as I would expect, and I can't see any sort of jumping/snapping/untransformed characters at all. I'm using Chrome on Win7, but even your example video looks ok to me (besides the lower framerate)...?

EDIT: ok I finally understand what you're looking at now. It's really hard to notice in a lot of words but the L in HTML is definitely off. Still, it runs perfect in browsers for me and I'm not a mac guy so I don't have much to add.

As a random thought, have you tried removing the 'Asap' webfont?

Sorry for the late reply - I tried this in every browser I have, on Mac and Windows and couldn't replicate that problem anywhere. Pretty weird, Elliot. It sure seems like it's not a bug in SplitText, but rather some funky bug in the particular browser or system you're on. I wish I had a better answer. If anyone else can reproduce this, please let me know.