Search Community

Load and Play MP3s Sequentially with a Pause Function?

dmca66 test
Moderator Tag

I am hoping Greensock will be the answer to a problem I have. My client would like to have MP3 narration loaded sequentially (one for each paragraph in the script). I am able to do this with AS3 (array) but I am unable to successfully code a pause function. Pausing always stores a position from the 1st mp3 and not the one currently playing.

I have poked around Greensock a bit but I cannot find tutorials that suit my needs. Will Loadermax work for this situation? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? thx

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

LoaderMax will certainly help you manage the loading of all your files.

I don't know what you mean by "Pausing always stores a position from the 1st mp3 and not the one currently playing."

LoaderMax isn't going to control when your audio files play or how much time is in between, them. You would have to custom code that part yourself.

Regardless of whether you use LoaderMax or not, you are going to need to do the following with code

1: add eventListeners to each video so that when they are done playing they  call a function that starts a Timer, setInterval, or delayedCall (if not using TweenLite, use an AS3 Timer with repeatCount = 0: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/utils/Timer.html

2: when the the mechanism in step 1 ends, you then tell the next mp3 to play.

Does that help?