Search Community

Fullpage sideways slider and activating animations on page transition.

Mullingar_Dev test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there guys, just downloaded the GSAP package yesterday and been reading through the docs.

I have a project I want to work on involving an interactive comic book, and I'm just wondering how difficult it may be to implement.

I'm somewhat of a newbie at Javascript, covered things like AJAX and some interactivity through JQuery UI, but have little to no experience in animation.
I am essentially looking to create a full page sideways slideshow that activates a different series of animations whenever a new slide is opened.

Looking at this http://codepen.io/bassta/pen/kDvmC example here on Chrysto/Bastas page it is definitley doable, but whenever I try changing it to have horizontal transitions rather than vertical, I break it, and wouldn't even know where to begin activating animations on each seperate slide. Would any know how I could get on the right track?

See the Pen kDvmC by bassta (@bassta) on CodePen