Search Community

Greensock DOM-Based Animation Demo

Halcyon test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey, greensockers. I am back with the demo that I promised. Check it out and see what you think. The video is sped up slightly to make it more entertaining, but I think you get the idea of what is possible using Greensock, even without a single canvas tag. Feedback? Thoughts? Comments?

• Like 2

That's crazy! Have you been using GSAP during all of its development, or did you switch partway through?

I started out using JQuery and was using that for about a year until I discovered Greensock. At that point I converted every single animation to GSAP and boy was it worth it! It was quite a conversion that had multiple stages. I started just using the jquery plugin, but eventually I realized that was a half measure. So I started using TweenMax which was great, but then I realized I should be animating pure javascript elements, not JQuery objects. So I had to convert all of that, too. There were a lot of little tricks here and there that helped make it better that I discovered along the way.

• Like 1