Search Community

Safari not refreshing

limitless test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everybody

First of all, thanks for the great animation library! I've just started working with TweenMax and I must say that it is really easy and intuitive to use, great job!

Now to my little problem that I have:

Whenever I run a repeating rotation tween on a DOM element (lets call it X), every now and then, when i remove the tweened element and append another element (lets call it Y) to the DOM, Safari does not refresh it's viewport, instead, it is just showing the element X without animation, until I scroll or click the mouse, then it shows element Y. This does not seem to happen when I use CSS3 animations, it also does not happen when I do not tween the element with TweenMax.

Running on OSX 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1 (other browsers seem to work without issues).

To reproduce it, you will need to download the standalone CodePen example (don't run it inside CodePen) or download the attached file. Then just open it with Safari and keep refreshing until you encounter the problem (might have to refresh 30 times or more). 

I do not know if this is a Bug in Safari or in TweenMax...

Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks a lot

nuCpv.zip

See the Pen nuCpv by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Sorry to hear about this problem and thank you for the very simple demo.

I tested your files locally and extensively on Safari 7.0.6 / OSX 10.9.4 and could not replicate the problem at all.

I know you have a different setup, but at least this leads us to believe that this is a problem that was introduced in the new Safari.

We will keep you posted on what we find on Safari 7.1

• Solution

Can anyone else reproduce this? I downloaded the zip, loaded the file in Safari 7.1, and refreshed over 100 times and couldn't see any problems. If there is a problem, it sure seems like it'd be a Safari thing, not a GSAP thing but it's pretty tough to diagnose without being able to reproduce the problem :(

You are using the latest version of GSAP in all your tests, right? (I'm not aware of any bugs in previous versions that'd cause this problem, but I'm just making sure you've got the latest files). 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your time and help!

It just seems to be a weird Safari bug, depending on how big the Safari window is, the problem does not appear. Also, if the Web Console is open, I can not reproduce it...

Lets mark this as solved :) Thanks again...

Can anyone else reproduce this? I downloaded the zip, loaded the file in Safari 7.1, and refreshed over 100 times and couldn't see any problems. If there is a problem, it sure seems like it'd be a Safari thing, not a GSAP thing but it's pretty tough to diagnose without being able to reproduce the problem :(

You are using the latest version of GSAP in all your tests, right? (I'm not aware of any bugs in previous versions that'd cause this problem, but I'm just making sure you've got the latest files). 

Just to answer your question: I was using the latest version :)