Search Community

Best Javascript Library to work with GSAP?

bluntcoder test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

So I've been using Greenshock's stuff for years, and it's the single best stuff out there for any animation - Flash or HTML5. Kudos to you guys, you know your stuff.

Which is why I'd thought I'd ask this open ended question to the GreenSock people: which Javascript library to you guys use (and hopefully recommend) to work best in making complex WebApps that integrate well with GSAP?

I'm essentially looking for an endorsement here; there are so many to choose from, and several I've dabbled with; PureMVC JS, Underscore, JQuery, Backbone, Boilerplate, Prototype, MooTools, etc. I'm looking for someone that will allow me to make a web application that is beautiful and works seamlessly with the controls you guys provide with GSAP.

Thanks,

Mark

Some of the Plunks where set to private, but they should show up now.

A nice utility library is Lo-Dash, which is just an improved version of Underscore.

Angular is definitely the way to go for building rich single-page apps. Try building the tutorial. It gives you a little taste of everything Angular has to offer, including animations.

Polymer and Shadow DOM are also pretty awesome. You can build custom html elements just like Angular directives. The next version of Angular is actually going to use Polymer for building elements.

Some paper elements

Here's a Polymer demo I created. Notice how index.html is importing the <greensock-square> element from a url. Everything is self-contained inside an element, allowing you to share it, or import other elements.

http://plnkr.co/edit/p2LVoQ?p=preview

• Like 1