Search Community

Scramble Text Not Showing

Pipsisewah test
Moderator Tag

Hello again,

I have been going through the various plugins and I seem to have run into a problem with the scrambleTextPlugin.

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the the documentation but nothing shows in the screen when I do so.

I am using a main timeline to encapsulate the scrambleText timeline

// MAIN CLASS //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
var t:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();

createTextField("MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!");

t.add(AdvancedTextEffects.randomCharacters(text, 3));

t.play();
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// SUB TIMELINE ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
public static function randomCharacters(target:TextField, time:Number):TimelineMax{

TweenPlugin.activate([ScrambleTextPlugin]);

var t:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();

t.from(target, time, {scrambleText:{text:"THIS IS NEW TEXT"}}); 

return t;
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This method seems to work for just about everything else but this instance.  Any help you could provide would be very appreciated.

I am running this an Adobe AIR application.

Thank you,

Steven Lopes

Hi,

I just tested the example from the docs

import com.greensock.TweenLite; 
import com.greensock.plugins.TweenPlugin; 
import com.greensock.plugins.ScrambleTextPlugin; 
TweenPlugin.activate([ScrambleTextPlugin]); //activation is permanent in the SWF, so this line only needs to be run once.
//use the defaults
TweenLite.to(yourTextField, 1, {scrambleText:{text:"THIS IS NEW TEXT", chars:"XO", revealDelay:0.5, speed:0.3}}); 

And had no problems.

There is nothing from the code you provided that looks like it should be an issue (assuming your createTextfield method places the text in the display list).

Please provide a very simple demo that we can publish from Flash Professional that clearly illustrates the issue.
Please do not include GreenSock classes with the members-only plugins.