Search Community

lagSmoothing with TimelineLite

sirhclluk test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I found how to add lagSmoothing to tweenlite and max, but I have not been able to find or figure out how to use it with TimelineLite.

Where would I add it in this for example?

var tl = new TimelineLite();
    tl.to(energyImage, 0, {opacity:0});
    tl.from(shape, 5, {rotationY:"-=3000", ease:Sine.easeIn});
    tl.from(shape, 1, {autoAlpha:0}, "-=4");

Thanks

Hi,

lagSmoothing() effects the core timing mechanism in GSAP. Doing it via TweenLite or TweenMax has the same effect. Both ways effect the timing of the entire engine, so you don't need to do anything specific for TimelineLite or TimelineMax... they will honor the lagSmoothing() settings that you set via TweenLite (or max).

• Like 3

Hi,

lagSmoothing() is a TweenLite/Max core method and a global setter. That means that you set the value  through any of those constructors and it becomes a default for any instance you run, like adjusting the tick event frequency. Is not an instance specific property like lazy render or force3D, that can be applied in some individual instances as you desire.

Take a good look at this blog post:

http://greensock.com/gsap-1-12-0

PS: What Carl just said ;)

• Like 3