Search Community

Slowing down tweens

Jason1975 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Jason1975,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi

I am new to the forum so please forward me advice on posting if this is done incorrectly.

I am using supercrollorama to animate a scroll down animation.

my Questions for the forum

1) What do the different Power setting mean? i.e is Power0 slower than Power4

2) I need to slow my tween down so that it comes in as more timed tween per say so if I scroll my mousedown the animation does not shoot in it is more gradual.

My code is below for the individual elements:

var controller = $.superscrollorama();

controller.addTween('#third-third', TweenMax.from( $('#third-third'), 2, {css:{left: "2200px"}, delay: 0.5, ease: Quint.easeIn}), 200);

You help is greatly appreciated.

Jason         

Hi and welcome to the forum.

1) The 'Power' eases are just more intuitive names for some default ease strengths. The higher the number, the stronger the ease:

Power0 = Linear

Power1 = Quad

Power2 = Cubic

Power3 = Quart

Power4 = Quint/Strong

Check out all the ease types here http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/Easing/

2) We don't usually support third party stuff like superscrollorama here so we aren't super familiar with the API for it. My guess though, is that you could increase the duration for the tween to slow it down (i.e. change 2 to 3 perhaps). Again I'm not sure how superscrollorama works so if it's just triggering the tween to start, then increasing duration will help. If the tween is tied between 2 scroll positions however (e.g. you scroll a few pixels then stop, and the animation is paused part way through) then there is probably a way to extend its 'scroll zone', or whatever they refer to that as, with the superscrolloramama API.

Tweens usually have a parameter structure like this:

TweenMax.to(target, duration, vars)

• Like 2

Hi,

I remember from scrollorama's API, that there was an option to force the animation's duration to a scroll distance. As Anthony points, scrollorama has been improved and Scroll Magic was born, so my guess is that that option is still there.

Maybe this could be what you're after:

http://janpaepke.github.io/ScrollMagic/examples/basic/custom_actions.html

Finally for specific support on the plugin, please refer to it's github repository's issues:

https://github.com/janpaepke/ScrollMagic/issues

Rodrigo.

• Like 2