Search Community

Cheatsheet / Quick Reference ?

HaunGo test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

No, we don't have anything in that format at the moment.

When I think of cheat sheets, I think more in terms of code snippets that I can copy and paste. The ones you linked to just seemed to be long lists of links that lead to docs.

I think once you get into how our new docs work (and the search feature) you will find there is a lot of information about each class / tool that is very easy to get to.

http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/GSAP/TweenLite/

• Like 1

Yep, the mega-sidebar lists out all of the methods/properties for a class, so I hope that helps.

Also, do you know how to add something to that overapi.com site? I saw a link to their github repository, but it seemed like there weren't any actual docs there. Like the /jquery/ one. And there were no instructions that I could find. Weird. Do you just have to ask the guy who maintains the site to manually create and add docs for GSAP? 

Hi All,

In my opinion, and of course everyone can say that I'm biased, is that the new documentation page kick ass in many ways. First is incredible easy to access any method/property/class the engine has. Second, you get a clear explanation of what the method/property does. Third, a lot of the properties/methods have a sample code snippet to help you get started with it. Many other frameworks have very cryptic and not too friendly documentation pages, specially for folks that are, either starting or without a lot of experience with them.

Finally the guys have created some very useful starting guides and videos, that go straight to the point and are very easy to follow. I know that comparisons are not the best way to go, but consider AngularJS official tutorial as a must not example:

https://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial 

If you have no or little experience with either: angular, node, karma, jasmine, git  and command line stuff this tutorial is completely useless and more likely to drive people away from Angular that entice them to use it, that IMHO is a huge must not. Some might say that Angular is not written for people that are just started in web dev, but the main question should be: why not?, why not put things to a basic ground zero level and then take them up?.

With all that in mind I believe that the current documentation, tutorials, samples and the GreenSock Codepen collection are the best cheat sheet available for the engine. As Carl said, all you have to do is get used to them.

Just my two cents

• Like 2

Hello Hello,

I agree Rodrigo.. The new GSAP documentation is on point.

Even though cheatsheets are helpful, they are limited with no examples. The fact that the new DOCs use Ajax now, increases the speed of finding what I'm looking for, and decreases the time it takes to do so. And in my opinion, once you read and get familiar with all the GSAP DOCs. Then navigating through the DOCs becomes very easy and fast. Which means i can spend more time coding, and less time finding the right reference for the API.

Besides even though the AJAX fetch results quick .. i get to look at all the sick sidebar cube transforms displaying filtered results, and a cool preloader animation.

But that is just my one cent :)

• Like 1