Search Community

New GreenSock.com: bugs / issues / 404s / questions

Carl test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi All,

We are very happy to have the new GreenSock.com up and running. We are also very thankful for the overwhelmingly positive feedback we have received on the new design, docs, forums, branding and many other features.

We're still working out a few kinks prior to making a big announcement about it all. A few notes have come in via twitter / facebook about some 404s and those channels aren't really the best for getting detailed, technical information.

We've created this thread so that you can post any issues you come across when using the new site. Is a favorite page of yours missing? Having trouble logging in?  Let us know and we'll check it out. 

Thanks!

Carl and Jack of GreenSock

• Like 3

This might be trivial..

But i notice if you are on the docs page and do a Docs search for the word to .. no results come up .. but if you type to( .. then you get the search results.

It looks like the the Ajax doesn't fetch unless 3 letters are typed in the input field. Which i understand is standard on most autocompletes.

Just something I noticed.. Thanks! :)

Here's mine, but it's probably pretty subjective:

I often sit in my living room and use the tv to browse the forums; I find that the post text color is too light for me to read very well, and it's also really difficult to distinguish hyperlinks. I probably have poor contrast set on the tv but it helps with eye strain this way. At the moment I have a user stylesheet that darkens the text and adds the underlines back to links, and I'm finding it much easier to use now.

Also, FontAwesome (used in the reply box toolbar) renders best at 14px. At 16px most of the icons become quite distorted.

Aaaaaand one more. The code blocks have a default color of black, instead of white, while the prettyprint javascript is loading. When the site is taking a while to load (which I'm surprised happens quite often :() you have to wait until the loading is completed before it's readable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I did notice if you go to this Doc page for TweenMax.. and then scroll down and click on the Public Method:

TweenMax.lagSmoothing

Then the page goes to the main Docs page

Also i believe the sublime snippets page is missing / 404 not found : http://greensock.com/snippets/

Just thought i might give you a heads up.. Thanks ! :)

Hi Jonathan,

I tend to agree with you. I do miss it in here in the JS forums. There really isn't a great place for it to go, but we will think about it (perhaps in the footer under the search bar)

Note: instead of digging into the GSAP product page, it is pretty easy to get to on the homepage and my signature;)

Still, I think it would be nice to have it as part of the JS forums template. 

• Like 1