Search Community

Keep three animations in sync

alint test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I have three animations running in the same time. The top part of a Law Balance Scale, the left weighting platform and the left weighting platform.

All three animaitons have the same duration and they are in sync when the page loads. After I scroll up/down on the page the three animations are out of sync. The top is moving fine but the left/right weighting platforms are out of wack.

Is there a way to keep the three animations in sync all the time?

Thank you.

Alin

Like Jonathan said, it'd be super helpful to see sample code because I can assure you that the entire GSAP system is completely synchronized across the board, so I'm really curious to see what you're doing. As far as I know, it's literally impossible to get things out of sync unless you have your own code that's not creating/starting the animations in sync.

Are you using TimelineLite or TimelineMax? Or are you just using TweenLite/TweenMax?

Here is a pen:

See the Pen qykJL by alinticlea (@alinticlea) on CodePen

The problem is that I can not replicate the behaviour on codepen. The issue is related to something else on the page that I am building. The animation container comes in and goes out on scroll down/up. To animate the container move on scroll I am using ScrollScene from ScrollMagic.

I think I should stop the animation when scroll is detected. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Alin