Search Community

TimelineMax - seek(mylabel) - firing all onComplete events

Giovani test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I don't know. What am I doing wrong?

My code is essentially like this:
var tl = new TimelineMax({paused:true})
tl.to($("#pin"), 1, {x:455,y:198, onComplete:myFunction, onCompleteParams:["params"]}) 
.addLabel("play_from_here") 
.to($("#pin"), 1, {x:737,y:307}) 

tl.play(play_from_here)

using play(), resume(), seek(), it doesn't matter, it always trigger all events on the way.

Hi Giovani and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Some methods, seek() among them, have a second parameter, a boolean to be more specific, which indicates whether callbacks should be ignored or not. By default this is false, so the engine should ignore any callbacks during the seek, so your code should work as you expected.

http://api.greensock.com/js/com/greensock/core/Animation.html#seek()

So there's two thing to consider, first be sure that you're using the latest version of the engine and second please provide a reduced sample in codepen in order to see what could be the issue:

http://forums.greensock.com/topic/9002-read-this-first-how-to-create-a-codepen-demo/

Rodrigo.

• Like 1

Thanks, Rodrigo.

It seems though that Giovani did uncover a regression that slipped in with version 1.12.0.

The short story is that when tweens that weren't yet initialized were sent off to be "lazy" rendered, their events were not being suppressed properly.

The good news is, there is now a fix in place in version 1.13.2 (attached)

Giovani,

Sorry for the hassle and thanks for reporting the issue.

Here is a very basic CodePen example that uses a pre-release of 1.13.2.

http://codepen.io/GreenSock/pen/c89d9dcd4a95817dcaa0fb099a290a58?editors=001

Very similar to your code and you will see that events are now properly being suppressed.

Please grab the pre-release version of 1.13.2 (below) and test with your code.

If you find errors, please fork the codepen demo I provided so that we can quickly hunt them down. We've tested and I'm confident it should work properly.

Thanks and sorry again for the trouble.

Edit: in methods like pause(), play(), seek(), time() the suppressEvents parameter is true by default.

TweenMax-1-13-2-preview.js.zip

• Like 1