Search Community

Docs Request For New Plugins

Praney Behl test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

What's CSSTransformPlugin? Never heard of that one before. 

As for EndArray, that's basically for tweening numbers in an array, like:

var a = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0];
TweenLite.to(a, 1, {endArray:[1, 2, 3, 4, 5], onUpdate:function() {
    console.log(a);
}});

That'll tween the various elements to those values over the course of 1 second. 

CSSTransform hasn't even been released yet, and it will likely be for Club GreenSock members only. Where are you seeing an update? The minified version that was silently dropped into the bonus zip? 

CSSTransform hasn't been documented yet, partially because the API isn't firm enough yet. Club members are welcome to kick the tires a bit and provide feedback, but that probably won't be officially released for another month. Again, only a few people have even been told about its existence at this point.

Are you good with EndArrayPlugin now at least? :)

• 9 months later...

Sorry, folks. I have been working for weeks on CSSTransform actually. It's considered "experimental", that's why there are no docs yet. We're still trying to nail down the API. It's solving a very complex problem, and I'm working on adding SVG support. I'm excited about what this could mean for many apps, as I don't think there are any tools out there yet that solve these problems, but it's definitely a complex issue and it's taking a while to work around various browser quirks. I'm pretty confident I'll get it pretty soon, but again, it's "experimental" at this point. I'm reluctant to even explain what it does fully yet because I'm still formulating how to best do that. Thanks for your patience. :)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hey Jack,

Any updates on the CSSTransform plugin. Its been an year so I thought I'll ask, API methods and some docs will be awesome. Also will be great to have the un-minified version in the Business bundle.

Cheers.

Sorry, folks. I have been working for weeks on CSSTransform actually. It's considered "experimental", that's why there are no docs yet. We're still trying to nail down the API. It's solving a very complex problem, and I'm working on adding SVG support. I'm excited about what this could mean for many apps, as I don't think there are any tools out there yet that solve these problems, but it's definitely a complex issue and it's taking a while to work around various browser quirks. I'm pretty confident I'll get it pretty soon, but again, it's "experimental" at this point. I'm reluctant to even explain what it does fully yet because I'm still formulating how to best do that. Thanks for your patience. :)

Sorry, Praney, at this point we're not sure we'll release that tool at all. It's a pretty serious undertaking, especially from a support standpoint, and I'm not sure demand would be super high for it anyway. It's definitely a lifesaver in certain circumstances, but I worry that it's a little too geeky for most. We're focusing our resources on other things that would be more likely to appeal to more of our customers.