Search Community

How to fix rendering artifacts in Chrome

Ahrengot test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey guys,

From time to time I get wierd rendering artifacts in Google Chrome when using TweenMax. They only appear in Chrome, so I'm pretty sure its a bug in that particular browser, but I'd really like to get rid of them.

Does this only happen to me? Does anyone know a hack to git rid of these artifacts?

There's a live demo of the issue here: http://ahrengot.com/...round/tweenmax/ ... Click anywhere to animate the box and see the issue.

And here's a screenshot of the artifacts:

artifacts.png

Actually, I can see that switching from public realease version of chrome (v.21) to the latest developer build (v.23) fixes the problem, so it seems like they're aware of it.

Anyway, it would still be nice if anyone knew of a temporary fix.

Hi Ahrengot

Thank you for posting the very clear example. I have seen this occasionally myself.

Your demo shows artifacts in Chrome for me but not in Safari. I know that my own examples have not reproduced artifactson other systems running Chrome so perhaps its a browser/video card combo issue. I've also seen it in Safari on iOS.

The fix is adding the following css:

-webkit-backface-visibility:hidden;

live demo:

http://jsfiddle.net/geekambassador/F2J3s/

artifacts visible

//Mac Chrome Version 21.0.1180.79

//video card: ATI Radeon HD 4850

• Like 3