Search Community

Can't find Physics and Motion Blur Examples

soupking test
Moderator Tag

Okay, am I retarded?

I can't search or find Physics and Motion Blur Examples on the site.

I'm interested in re-signing up for the new updates, but I can't see where they are demonstrated. All I can find is the older plugin matrix.

What am I missing?

Please advise.

Thanks! :)

-maX

No, you're not retarded - you probably just didn't see the scrollbar in the Plugin Explorer. There are interactive examples of almost every plugin in there. Just scroll down and you'll see physics2D and motionBlur - both have examples that write sample code, let you tweak properties, etc. Give 'em a peek. I think you'll like what you see :)

http://www.tweenmax.com

• 4 months later...

I just got my Shockingly Green today and am having a blast!

I can get the physics2D to work really well, but how do I add blur? The demos say the motion blur and blurFilter are only activated in TweenMax, but physics2D is using TweenLite. I'm missing something easy.

Could you show me an example?

Thanks!

J

I just got my Shockingly Green today and am having a blast!

I can get the physics2D to work really well, but how do I add blur? The demos say the motion blur and blurFilter are only activated in TweenMax, but physics2D is using TweenLite. I'm missing something easy.

Could you show me an example?

First of all, congrats on being the newest member of the club. Welcome.

As for motionBlur, the demos do not say that it's activated in TweenMax. Notice the green checkmark that's absent from motionBlur in the Plugin Explorer. But you can activate any of those plugins for TweenLite to use too (except roundProps). Whenever you activate a plugin, it makes it available in BOTH TweenLite and TweenMax. So all you need to do is:

import com.greensock.plugins.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin, Physics2DPlugin]);

That's it. And keep in mind that the Plugin Explorer will write the activation code for you down below - just select the plugins you want to activate and it'll write the code. You can copy and paste it.

So to add motion blur to your physics2D tweens, just add motionBlur:true to them. And feel free to tweak the parameters like motionBlur:{strength:3, quality:2} if you want (as indicated in the Plugin Explorer example).

Enjoy!